The Covid alert level for London is Tier 2, the high alert level from midnight on Friday 16 October until further notice.
Many students have asked how the Rule of 6 will affect yoga classes. Principally, the rule is about limiting social contact among groups of 6 or more people, but the regulations also state:
You must wear a face covering in all indoor areas except the studio and leave the building as quickly as possible after a class, avoiding social contact within or immediately outside the building.
This is for areas where national restrictions continue to be in place.
- you must not socialise in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors (other than where a legal exemption applies)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools and universities remain open
- places of worship remain open, subject to the rule of 6
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on numbers of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors, or indoors if the rule of 6 is followed