Are you, or do you know an Iyengar yoga teacher who would like to teach classes to vulnerable or disadvantaged adults?
IYMV has established an outreach programme to bring Iyengar yoga to those who might not have access to regular yoga classes. We are inviting teachers to suggest a London based organisation to work with such as a community project, women’s refuge or centre, prison, special needs school or recovery project that does not already have funding.
Successful applicants will receive funding to teach a weekly class at their proposed organisation for an initial period of 6 months.
- Applications are invited from qualified Iyengar yoga teachers to set up and run weekly classes over a period of 6 months.
- Applicants need to provide details about the venue and will be asked to provide a written update to IYMV after 3 months and 6 months and the venue organisation after 6 months.
- A fee of £40 per class plus travelling expenses will be paid to teachers accepted on the scheme.
- Classes will be at Beginners level and minimal equipment will be used.
- Individual students may have injuries but this will not be a therapy class.
- Teaching should be appropriate to teacher’s certification level.
- The IYMV Teaching Committee and Board of Trustees may request further information from applicants. The decision by the Teaching Committee and Board of Trustees will be final.
To apply please complete the form below by Friday 6 September 2019.