At the end of June we sent a survey about re-opening to our members so we could find out how everyone felt about coming back to studio classes. A big thank you to all of you who responded.
We know that many of you have greatly enjoyed continuing to learn online, but understand that there are elements of the real-world communal experience that you are missing deeply: the camaraderie; the energy in the room; and the level of precision in the corrections and instructions that your teacher can offer when they see you in three dimensions.
We also learned that, though many of you are keen to get back to your practice at the studios, there are still concerns over the use of public transport and the difficulties associated with carrying your own equipment to attend face-to-face classes.
First, we would like to reassure you that we will continue to provide livestream classes for the foreseeable future.
These have proved to be a great success, and the feedback from those who have taken part has been overwhelmingly positive and encouraging. If you haven’t yet tried a livestream class, please do consider it; classes at all levels will continue throughout August and beyond.
We have also agreed a discount code with Yogamatters to allow our members a 10% discount on props you may need for home practice. If you’re a member of IYMV, you will already have received an email about this. Please do not share the link with others as it has been specially agreed for the benefit of our members.
Secondly, we have been preparing for your return to classes at the studios.
While we cannot make your journey to Maida Vale any safer, we have been busy putting in place measures to ensure your safety in the building. To this end, we are providing the following health and safety measures:
- Limited timetable to ensure time for thorough cleaning between classes
- Only one class at a time through the day
- 100% online pre-booking and payment (no drop-ins)
- Screens to protect students and staff
- Limited class numbers to ensure sufficient space between students and teachers (following government guidelines)
- Limited use of equipment, walls and ropes
- Limited use of changing rooms (If you can, please arrive ready to practise)
- Provision of sanitising products for students, equipment and surfaces throughout the building
- Improved ventilation and enhanced cleaning to studios, WC’s and common areas throughout the day
- Managed one-way system for entry, during classes and upon exit
- Additional night-time deep-cleaning
In all of this, we will also rely on your cooperation to ensure that attendance at the studios will be as safe as possible. Because of this, the face-to-face timetable will necessarily be less extensive than in normal times. However, we will complement it with the livestream timetable to give the broadest possible range of classes and teachers to students at all levels.
Live classes will be starting during August. We will be in touch with full details as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and, once again, thank you for your continuing support during these last few difficult months and for the future.